The Department of Design and Construction (DDC) has advised of an upcoming Night Work Operation that will involve closure of Van Brunt Street from Union Street to President Street (Southbound traffic) during the night.
- Southbound trucks on Columbia Street will be detoured onto Congress Street, then southbound on Hicks Street.
- The street closure/detour will be in affect on or about Wednesday, October 19, 2011 through Wednesday, October 26, 2011, from 9:00pm to 5:00am.
- Van Brunt Street will be open to all traffic during the day and non-construction hours.
The DDC notice is available here.
CB6 further noted the following schedule for completion of the remaining work (keeping in mind that, with respect to the Columbia Street Reconstruction, things don't usually go according to plan).
- Completion of the Sewer along Van Brunt Street (between Degraw Street and Hamilton Avenue): end of December 2011.
- Completion of the Water Main along Van Brunt Street (between Degraw Street and Hamilton Avenue): end of February 2012.
- Completion of Curb, Sidewalk, and Roadway surface of Van Brunt Street (between Degraw Street and Hamilton Avenue): end of April 2012.
- Re-opening of Van Brunt Street, removal of the detour at Van Brunt Street/Hamilton Avenue/Summit Street and the restoration of two-way traffic along Van Brunt Street: end of April 2012.
- Completion of work on Summit Street (between Columbia and Van Brunt Street): end of June 2012.