Our office is looking for volunteers to help improve the service of the B61 bus. By collecting data on B61 performance, our office is seeking to determine what can be done to help improve the speed of the B61. We are collecting ridership data to assess:
Our office will provide volunteers with the necessary field sheets to record their data. Volunteers will collect data on Monday-Thursday from July 11-28. Morning shifts are 7-9am and evening shifts are 4:30-6:30pm.
- The number of riders who use the B61
- Which bus stops have the highest and lowest ridership
- Which buses are the most chronically delayed
- How the closure of the Smith-9th Street subway station is impacting B61 riders' commutes
- Where "bunching" of buses most frequently occurs along the route.
If you want to help -- and every bus rider in our neighborhood should! -- then get in touch with Matt Green at the councilman's office. He's reachable at 212-788-6969 and firstname.lastname@example.org.